Drama Studio @ IPAC
Welcome to The Drama Studio
The Illawarra Performing Arts Centre is home to The Drama Studio, a dynamic drama school established in 1988. The Drama Studio offers drama classes for school students from Kindergarten through to Year 12 throughout the school year.
Classes run for 90 mins each week and follow the school term.
In Term 1, students work on a variety of different approaches to theatre performance. This is dependent on their age group. These include physical theatre, characterisation, commedia dell’arte, devising theatre, text interpretation, absurdism, teacher-in-role, storytelling, improvisation and many other styles of theatre.
In Term 2, each class begins working on a scripted workshop performance designed to demonstrate the skills they have learned throughout the term.
In Term 3, students return to learning new acting skills.
The final term of the year culminates in a production performed in the Gordon Theatre at the Illawarra Performing Arts Centre. Primary classes work together as do high school classes.
I teach all classes and all Primary classes also have an assistant working with them.
I have taught both directing and acting extensively throughout Australia and was a regular tutor with the N.I.D.A Open Program for over 10 years. I also conduct workshops for school teachers on how to implement drama in the classroom for the N.S.W Department of Education.
To enrol, please call 0418 966748 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- NIDA Director’s Course - Completed in 1995
- Studied at the internationally acclaimed Ecole Jacques Lecoq in Paris
- Associate Diploma of Arts (Dance/Drama) - UNSW
- Bachelor of Arts (English/Art) - CSU
- Graduate Diploma in Education (Drama/English) - UNE
- Affiliate Director of Sydney Theatre Company in 1996
- Artistic Director of The Drama Studio
- This Property is Condemned; Tears of the Poppy; The Caucasian Chalk Circle; Cross Purpose (NIDA)
- Return to Sender (Canberra Playwrights Conference)
- Cordonnerie (Jacques Lecoq, Paris)
- Summer of The Aliens (New Theatre)
- The Children’s Crusades (Roo Theatre Company)
- Assistant Director of Light Up The Sky (Stella Adler School, New York), King Lear and Macbeth (Sydney Theatre Company)
- Casting Director and Co-ordinator of the feature film The Elixir
- Production Co-ordinator for the SBS series Bondi Banquet