Work with us
Located in the beautiful coastal city of Wollongong, just over an hour south of Sydney, Merrigong Theatre Company is one of Australia’s most dynamic regional performing arts companies.
We have the following exciting opportunities to join a vibrant and successful organisation that is a recognised arts industry leader.
All candidates will need to show a high level of initiative, strong communication skills and relevant industry knowledge and experience. They will also be expected to contribute to a positive team and work culture.
Merrigong encourages applications from diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
We are currently recruiting for a full time permanent Lighting Technician to assist in the planning and realisation of the lighting requirements of incoming shows and assist with in-house Merrigong productions. The position plays a key role in our technical department and will work with the team in delivering all technical aspects for a variety of theatre performances and events.
The position will require the candidate to undertake the following tasks:
- Liaise with incoming production companies as required and provide a high level of customer service to users of the centre.
- Create basic lighting designs (where required) and to assist venue hirers to realise their technical needs within the limits of the venues capabilities.
- Input and retrieve data from the event management system and to assist in reconciling timesheets, hirer reconciliations and finalise estimates for upcoming shows as required.
- Set-up, maintain and operate stage lighting, audio and visual equipment and stage machinery.
- Participate in, and lead where necessary, the bump-in and bump-out of productions and events.
- Act as duty technician when required.
- Assist with in-house production requirements as required.
- Assist in the maintenance of technical equipment, plant, building and fixtures.
BECOME A MERRIGONG VOLUNTEER
We have a great team of people who volunteer their time on everything from ushering to assisting in our office. We also offer a few longer term roles, where people volunteer their time and gain experience in a specific area of the performing arts industry.
If you'd like to volunteer with us, call us on 02 4224 5959 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org